City of Rock Falls Council will meet November 21
City of Rock Falls Council will meet on November 21.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
Call to Order @ 6:30 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Bethany Bland, President /CEO, Rock Falls Chamber of Commerce.
1. Approve the Minutes of the November 7th, 2017 Regular Council Meeting.
2. Approval of bills as presented.
3. Approval of Resolution 2017 – 777 Obligation Retirement Resolution for
$720,000 G.O. Refunding Bond (MFT Alternate Revenue Sources) Series 2012.
4. Approval of Resolution 2017 – 778 Resolution for MFT General Maintenance
under Illinois Highway Code.
5. Acceptance of the recommendation from the Planning and Zoning Commission
for the preliminary, and final plats for Benchmark Phase 1-A.
6. Acceptance of the recommendation from the Planning and Zoning Commission
and instruction to have the City Attorney draft an ordinance for the rezoning of
the vacant land on the south side of Cardinal Street from R-4 (Multi-Family) to
R-3(1-2 Family) to allow for 3 subdivided lots for residential new construction.
Ordinance Second Reading / Adoption:
1. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2345 amending Section 8-33 of the Rock Falls
Municipal Code for the replacement of Exhibit 1 and 2 of the Groundwater
Supply Protection Article due to the abandonment of Well #4 and addition of
2. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2346 Amending Chapter 26 Article I, Sections 26-
18 and 26-19 governing deposits of materials into streets.
3. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2347 2017 Tax Levy payable 2018
4. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2348 Tax abatement for debt service on $720,000
G.O. Alternate Bonds (MFT Alternate Revenue Sources) Series 2012
5. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2349 Tax abatement for debt service on $2,427,000
G.O. Debt Certificates Series 2016
6. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2350 Tax abatement for debt service on $5,300,000
G.O. Bonds (Alternate Revenue Sources), Series 2017
7. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2351 Tax abatement for debt service on $1,555,000
G.O. (Electrical System Alternative Revenue Sources), series 2010
8. Adoption of Ordinance 2017-2352 Tax abatement for debt service on $280,000
G.O. Debt Certificates Series 2012.
City Administrator Robbin Blackert:
1. Update on FY 2018 Limestone Building Cleanup Grant
2. Auditor RFP Due on December 15th
3. Active Shooter Training review.
Eric Arduini, City Clerk
1. Approval of the cash farm lease with Mike Gaulrapp for one year of the
farmland near the sewer plant at $300/acre for 63.5 acres.
2. Approval of the cash farm lease with Ted Jacobs for one year of the farmland in
the Glen’s Garden subdivision at $178.00/acre for 57.5 acres.
3. Card from Rockford Mayor Thomas P. McNamara
James Reese, City Attorney
Brian Frickenstein, City Engineer
Water Reclamation- Ed Cox
Electric- Dick Simon
Police Chief- Chief Tammy Nelson
Fire Chief- Chief Gary Cook
Building Inspector- Mark Searing
Water – Ted Padilla
Street - Larry Spinka
Utility Office - Diane Hatfield
Tourism – Janell Loos
1. Taste of Rock Falls Saturday June 16th 2018
2. Tri-Church Worship Sunday June 24th 2018
3. Taste of Fiesta Saturday September 22nd 2018
Broadband – Wayne Shafer
1. Approval to purchase inside plant equipment to deploy the broadband
network from Walker and Associates Inc. 7129 Old Highway 52 N Welcome,
NC. In the amount of $326,374.56
Ward 1 Ward 2 Ward 3 Ward 4
Ald. Reitzel Ald. Kuhlemier Ald. Schuneman Ald. Folsom
Ald. Logan Ald. Snow Ald. Kleckler Ald. Sobottka
1. Illinois Bicentennial Flag Raising Event
2. National Brownfields Conference, Pittsburgh, P.A. December 4th – 7th, 2017
3. Request City Councils consent and approval of the appointment of 2nd Ward
Alderman Glen Kuhlemier to serve as Mayor Pro Tem in my absence for the
period of December 4-7, 2017.
4. City Christmas Party at Days Inn December 16th – 5:00pm
5. Yard waste pickup deadline
Any action taken from Executive Session:
Next City Council Meeting 12-05-2017