City of Fulton Committee of the Whole met January 14
City of Fulton Committee of the Whole met Jan. 14.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
1. Public Input & Presentations
a. Charles Thacker- does not want to have a park next to home, would info from Parks Dept. including survey. Attorney Nick Heid was present with Mr. Thacker requesting additional information on why park equipment is being put in next to his home.
b. Roads/Repair request from wards- please provide list of roads that need repairs in each of Ald. Wards.
c. Approve training for Officer Hamilton- will be attending out of town training, on next agenda for approval.
d. Annual Meeting Schedule- put on next agenda for approval, if want to change dates can be done at that time.
e. Administrator request to update/revise policy- Would like to make a change to section saying no use of tobacco, put on next agenda for approval.
f. Policy for Press Release Review and Approval- new policy, City of Fulton does not currently have one. It would be similar to Clinton and Camanche’s current policies. Information would be reviewed before released to the press.
2. Committee Chair Reports-
b. Public Property- N/A
c. Public Safety- N/A
d. Parks & Recreation- suggest having Mr. Thacker and neighbors attend meeting in February to discuss issue and hopefully resolve.
e. Marina- N/A
f. Zoning- N/A
g. Economic Development- N/A
3. Mayor’s Report- N/A
4. City Administrator- included
5. Aldermen Reports- N/A
6. Public Works- N/A
7. Police Chief- N/A
8. Tourism Coordinator- Fishing Tournament will be in town Memorial Day Weekend
9. Historical Society- report included
10. Adjourn- Ald. Mask motioned, seconded by Ald. VanKampen to adjourn back to the regular council meeting. Roll call vote (6 yes, 2 absent). The council returned to the regular council meeting at 8:04 PM.