Ogle County personnel committee distributes policy handbook
The Ogle County Personnel and Salary Committee met Jan. 10 to distribute the new policy handbook.
Here are the meeting's minutes, as provided by the committee:
Personnel and Salary Committee Tentative Minutes January 10, 2017
1. Call Meeting to Order: Chairman Kenney called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m. Present: Heuer,
Finfrock, County Clerk & Recorder Laura Cook, Director of Court Services Ken Burn (arrived at 10:06), Sheriff Brian VanVickle (arrived at 10:08) and County Engineer Jeremy Ciesiel. Others: Treasurer John Coffman and Solid Waste Director Steve Rypkema (arrived at 10:10). Absent: Bolin and Meyers.
2. Approval of Minutes: December 13, 2016: Motion by Finfrock to approve the minutes as presented, 2nd y Heuer. Motion carried.
3. New Business
• Elect Vice-Chairman: Motion by Finfrock to nominate Heuer as Vice-Chairwoman, 2nd by Cook. Motion by Heuer to close nominations; motion carried. Kenney called for voice vote on motion to nominate Heuer as Vice-Chairwoman; motion carried.
• Exit Interview Form: Kenney distributed a form that will be used County wide. He is pushing for uniformity among the county offices and the Department Heads/Elected Officials will be held accountable for implementing an exit interview. Heuer stated she received the form from ICRMT. Finfrock questioned who will receive an exit interview; discussion was held regarding who will perform the exit interview. The results of the exit interview will remain in the employee personnel file. Ciesiel suggested having a signature spot for the employee and thinks it is a great idea. Ciesiel stated some situations can be difficult to conduct an interview. Finfrock would like to table till next month so the Committee can review the document.
4. Old Business
• Quarterly Sikich Report: Kenney received the report; 31 contacts between October 6th & December 28th. A bill was received for work outside of the contract and Kenney will pass it along to Finance.
• New Personnel & Policy Handbook: Heuer distributed updated copies; Kenney would like to hold a special meeting to go through the manual again before sending it on to Sikich for approval. Consensus was January 26, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
5. Committee Comments/Suggestions: None
6. Department Head Comments/Suggestions: None
7. Public Comment: None
8. Adjournment: With no further business, Chairman Kenney adjourned the meeting. Time: 10:35 a.m.