City of Morrison Council met January 14
City of Morrison Council met Jan. 14.
Here is the minutes provided by the council:
The Morrison City Council met in Regular Session on January 14.2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Whiteside County Board Room, 400 North Cherry Street, Morrison, IL. Mayor Everett Pannier called the meeting to order. City Clerk Melanie Schroeder recorded the minutes.
Aldermen present on roll call were: Dave Helms, Arlyn Deets, Dale Eizenga, Harvey Zuidema, Mick Welding, Josh West and Vern Tervelt. Alderman Ken Mahaffey was excused by the Mayor.
Other City Officials present included: City Administrator Barry Dykhuizen, Chief of Police Brian Melton, City Treasurer John Prange and City Engineer Jason Stoll.
Mayor Pannier will allow the person who signed up for Public Comment to speak when their topic of concern comes later in the meeting.
Alderman Helms moved to approve the Consent Agenda, which consisted of the following: December 10, 2018 Regular Session Minutes; Bills Payable; Animal Control Agreement; and Pay Estimate #1 (Final), Request for Approval of Change in Plans #1 (Final – Sunset Drive, seconded by Alderman Deets. On a roll call vote of 7 ayes (Eizenga, Zuidema, Welding, West, Tervelt, Helms, Deets) and 0 nays, the motion carried.
Items for Consideration & Possible Action:
1) Alderman Eizenga moved to approve the Waterworks Park Pump Station. Genesee Avenue Pump Station and Sanitary Sewer Improvements Application for Payment #12 and Final; Change Order #5 and Final; and Request for Loan Disbursement, seconded by Alderman West. On a roll call vote of 7 ayes (Tervelt, West, Eizenga, Zuidema, Welding, West), and 0 nays, the motion carried. The amount was reduced from the original request by $1,000 for seeding of the area.
2) Mayor Pannier allowed the public to speak before discussion of the School Resource Officer began. Chief Melton reviewed his latest conversation with the school district. Council discussed the topic. Alderman West moved to approve the School Resource Officer Agreement with Morrison CUSD #6, seconded by Alderman Eizenga. On a roll call vote of 5 ayes (Welding, West, Helms, Deets, Eizenga) and 2 nays (Tervelt, Zuidema), the motion carried.
3) Alderman Welding moved to approve the Revised Highway Authority Agreement – 709 W Wall St, seconded by Alderman Deets. On a roll call vote of 7 ayes (Zuidema, Welding, West, Tervelt, Helms, Deets, Eizenga) and 0 nays, the motion carried.
4) Alderman Eizenga moved to approve Resolution #19-01 – Authorizing Close-out of the Revolving Loan Fund and Providing Direction to the City Administrator Regarding the Same, seconded by Alderman West. On a roll call vote of 7 ayes (Deets, Eizenga, Zuidema, Welding, West, Tervelt, Helms) and 0 nays, the motion carried.
Other Items for Consideration, Discussion & Information:
1) CA Dykhuizen reviewed information received from Speer Financial regarding a financial model for the financing of the Main Street project. He reminded Council that there will be no bond issue until the bid is awarded.
2) CA Dykhuizen reviewed some upcoming requests for Fiscal 2020 capital equipment purchases. Two mowers need to be replaced. Other expenses forthcoming in FY 2020 include: Crocker Bridge and Main Street Design and Seal Coating.
Being no further business, Alderman Helms moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Alderman Zuidema. On a voice vote, the motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.