Ogle County Facilities Committee met March 10.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
1. Call Meeting to Order: Chairman Typer called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. Present: Griffin, Kenney, Reising and Sulser. Others: Finfrock, Asp, Nordman, Droege, Corbitt, Boes, IT Manager Larry Callant and Sheriff Brian VanVickle. Absent: Fox and McLester.
2. Approval of Minutes – February 11, 2020: Motion by Reising to approve the minutes as presented, 2nd by Sulser. Motion carried.
3. Public Comment: Finfrock does not care for the banner that is currently on the Courthouse lawn. VanVickle stated the application came in but did not include the topic of the banner; he can revise the form to include that information. Typer would like to make sure the Autumn on Parade application is brought before the Committee.
4. Procedure for Maintenance Requests: VanVickle stated it has not been finalized yet.
5. Project Status Report
Tree Trimming of Courthouse (12/19): Completed
Judicial Center 1st Floor Drinking Fountain (10/19): Quote was received, $2,100.
Slip & Fall Training (9/19): None
Water Leak at EOC (9/19): This spring
Move Iron Mike (started 10/18 – to be completed 6/19/work moved to 9/20) – None
Tuck Point Repair (start 1/19 – plan complete 6/19): Maintenance will meet with the plaster Repairperson next week.
EOC Generator (start 4/2019 – to be completed 6/2019): Permit received, product has been ordered.
Focus House Sidewalks (start 4/2019 – to be completed 5/2019): None
Communication Tower Extension (plan complete 6/19): None
Weld Park Electric Upgrade (start 4/2019 – to be completed 6/2019): Electricity is on at the 2 shelters on the West side and there are no issues with it.
Judicial Center Lighting (1/20): Will do as they go out.
Courthouse – lights out – Treasurer’s Office (1/20): Completed
Skylight – EOC (1/20): Completed
Courthouse – lights out – 3rd Floor Lobby (1/20): Will check into.
Griffin would like to add boiler tune-ups to the list and in the next couple weeks have it done.
6. LRP/IT Update: Griffin stated the building looks nice; brick/stone is done and the budget looks good. They are moving along with painting on the inside. Reising voiced his appreciation of VanVickle’s cost savings efforts. Typer would like to see a grounds plan drafted to get all 3 buildings looking similar in landscaping.
7. Old Business
Budget Performance Report: VanVickle stated that nothing stands out in the report.
Typer questioned the increase in disposal service. VanVickle stated there was an increase in the contract that was not included in the budget.
High Electric Bills: VanVickle stated the high bills were due to changing of the electricity carrier; there will be a credit coming back since they were double billed.
8. New Business
Introduction of New Problems/Projects: VanVickle reminded everyone of the Sheriff’s garage condition; with the rain, it has been a mess inside. They will temporarily fix the leaks. VanVickle also mentioned that they have made some changes in the jail regarding the Coronavirus situation. They have been cleaning more often and changed intake procedures. They have a Clorox 360 machine and has ordered a second one.
Proposed Tower Contract: VanVickle distributed the contract; he would like to discuss it next month. VanVickle stated once the contract is finalized, then a Quit Claim Deed will be drafted. Typer stated he would like time to review the contract and take action next month. Motion by Reising to move the contract forward to the Executive Committee, 2nd by Kenney. Typer stated it would need a full review including the State’s Attorney approval. Kenney would like to see the contract in an Ogle County format and not a boilerplate copy. Motion carried.
Other: VanVickle stated the Courthouse basement floors look great and they have completed most of County Clerk Cook’s security items. Griffin stated he had the outside stairs cleaned.
9. Approval of Bills
Credit Card Billing: Motion by Sulser that the credit card billing has been reviewed, 2nd by Reising. Motion carried. Total: $1,487.36
Department Billing: Motion by Reising that the department billing has been reviewed, 2nd by Kenney. Motion carried. Total: $35,407.06
10. Closed Session: None
11. Adjournment: With no further business, Chairman Typer adjourned the meeting. Time: 1:50 p.m.